Chapter 2 - when you least expected...

on the 5 nov 2015 I just finish my last paper in my bachelor in marketing ( I am 26 btw) and was looking for full time jobs ... after was rejected by 3 big brands applying for sales associate I felt a bit down but not yet defeated......


one agent ( a very nice lady) told me I feel that I will suit the position ...so she send my resume to the client (no expectation) and by my surprise after 2 round of interview. I was given the position ! I think being a new graduates you have to be in the worst position ever .....a company is looking for someone who need experience and yet when you go back to service industry with a bachelor degree you are over qualified...anyway that was the first company who decided to hire me and is gonna be in my disadvantage as I have no prior knowledge  or education about fashion... I need to learn fast and proof to myself and them. I am the type of person who you like challenges and proof to you I Will do excellent .... my perfectionist character and competitive soul as an aries 


 I guess this is what I will always remember for life 

'you have no experience , but I See potential in you. you just required a bit of polishing...you are outspoken and yet soft spoken and I Could see you have sense of style and you present yourself well....the image suites our company....this is what i can offer....just remember there will be people who will hate you and even ask why they hire this boy....get along with everyone and they will help you next time ....i don't know how but that is your problem to fix...and just remember I won't hesitate to fire you anytime if the sales figure is low as much  " My lady boss


sounds like DEVIL WEARS PRADA scene ...yup that is what I experience ....

my lady boss may sound fierce to you but in my eyes she is actually a strong  and no nonsense type of woman . she was direct and yet she told me a few tips during the interview which only shows she kinda cares and wanted to groom me.....I was kinda happy that someone finally wanted to invest on me and believe that i will do great.....I know I can .....

I Decided to go with her  and the company because at the end of the day I feel this position that i never heard of in my countries and never advertised .....was recommended and least expected become something ..... Life can be funny at time .....dont plan and just follow your heart.... I will share more about my job in future once i sign my contract ..... practically my job duties is be a stylist....be good in sellling any product from furniture to even kitchen ware or even bed....candles....I need to do PR...Events and i Can do fashion shoot ....the list just goes on....practically I am jack of all trades and whetever the clients want i need to be able to achieved and give them advice.


at the end of interview...i nod my head....and shake her hand firmly

" I hope I didn't offend or scares you in any way ....I hope you will think about this position"
as she hold her balenciaga clutch bag and walk away from me....


I whisper to myself with disbelief .....' I get the job......" and  smiles 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haus Of Jìn | Lim Jin sung

My aspiration

Never forget